I do not get the hate for PAL. Some of you want to make it travel but it is not. Even though I think it would be cool for a playoff game or two, starting this weekend you can play a in a championship tournament every weekend until august with a travel team or town team you organize.

Why the hate on PAL you get 2 practices a week, a game with refs each week. and the kids get to play with their friends.

Sure it gets frustrating with the different levels of skill between the good players and the ones still developing.

IMO PAL is an extension of the high school program. Try to get as many kids playing the sport and develop their skills. WANT more than that after the PAL season, you can play travel every weekend until August.

The towns that have a "Win Now" attitude and bring in players, bend the rules, etc. More power to you with your "Youth Team Championship," because everyone tells people of their undefeated 9 year old lacrosse team as adults.

The problem with PAL as I see it is the parents with the "Win Now" attitude and not part of the "Program development" attitude.