Originally Posted by Anonymous
So this Stony Brook player was not only a former Yellow Jacket but also a Northport HS alum? My daughter too! You know, I always suspected that my daughter was a bad egg... I'm disinheriting her, as of right now.

Did she regularly walk after the whistle, tighten her strings after a goal, reposition herself when ref isn't looking etc? If not, then ok you can still own her (i believe you meant disown her) ... the fact remains that those two programs (of course same person driving the bus) have a history of teaching their players to do these things. So it was no surprise that this Stony Brook player has that background. Do you deny this?

Hey while we are on the subject of honesty , why don't you post your tax return and we can all go over that since you are so high and mighty. It's College lacrosse geez. Every player on the field is looking to push the rules to the accepted boundaries . Golf is the only sport where competitors regularly self report.

Let me attempt to understand your insightful comment ... It's ok to cheat as long as you don't get caught. Is that what you mean?

Because what you said was "Every player on the field is looking to push the rules to the accepted boundaries ." And the situation that I brought up was clearly illegal and past the accepted boundaries.

So which is it? Push them to legal boundaries, or it's ok to cheat as long as you don't get caught.

If you don't think integrity is important in your children, that's fine. I happen to value it and would rather they don't cheat. To each their own.

The most ridiculous rule of any and all sports is the girls lacrosse freeze on the foul/ whistle. 24 girls freeze with half of them in a full sprint. Now go to the spot on the field where you were when the whistle blew. If you don't your technically cheating. How are the refs controlling that? They can't even keep the girls from strolling into better position 10seconds after the whistle blows. I love the sport but have to admit that many of the rules need serious revising.