Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Besides.....THERE ARE NO FULL ATHLETIC RIDES IN LACROSSE....the average is around 25% for an incoming freshman.Many of you are spending >25k; only to get about <5k a year......such a waste of funds......

ANYONE CARE TO COMMENT? I am hearing this more and more, full rides don't happen for many at all

Lacrosse is an equivalency sport. Meaning; with the 12.6 scholarships allowed.....that 12.6 must be spread through the roster. Upperclassmen will receive more than an incoming freshman. My key word was ATHLETIC. But....if you add in ACADEMIC scholarships and institutional based aid and grants.....depending on your socioeconomic status....then a "full" ride may occur.

For example....my daughter is getting 40% of athletic money...about 30% academic, another 25% discount.....her future school gives discounts to Active Military and Veterans and their dependents and add a Pell grant of 5500....that is a full ride COMBINED. No coach in their right mind will offer a kid regardless of talent 100%. In most programs; even within the top 25.....that is four kids coming in. I hope I clarified.