I think a lot of the girls already knew going in to the tryout that they weren't even going to be considered. With that said I told my daughter to go and do her best and to consider the tryout as a really good work out. My daughter is a YJ and like many others didn't make the first cut. She said it was pretty obvious who was going to make it from the very beginning. The coaches were already showing favoritism before lunch. Unfortunately, the reputation of this tryout is not very good. I don't question the ability of the players that were chosen but I do question the integrity of the people running it. If this is supposed to be a recruiting tournament then why are committed girls on the team? I know that a LI team winning the tournament would be a great thing but I think the uncommitted players deserve their time to shine. This whole recruiting process is a life lesson for the girls....and the parents too. It' s just disheartening that the girls have to learn that if you are not the one in the lime light at all times that you just might miss out on an opportunity.

On another note.....in the email that was sent with the info on the try out it was made quite clear that NO PARENTS were allowed to watch the try out or basically be any where near the fields. I find it amusing that as per usual some of these parents cannot remove themselves from something that has absolutely nothing to do with them. It's on the verge of embarrassing to be associated with these parents.

If my daughter is to be recommended again I will let her make the decision. Apparently this team is not the end all be all! Many girls that have been cut from this team are already playing or are recruited to play! Best of luck to everyone! As I told my daughter everyone will get their turn if it is meant to be!