Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]The person who replied "thanks for the update,dad" should get there facts correct before attacking with hurt full comments. The player that you comment about lost his dad a while back and has been raised by a strong single mom. The player is an intelligent, hard working individual who will be attending Yale next year. If you knew anything about this player you wouldn't make the comments that you did. There's no better teammate then this player and he's the type of player that you build a team around. He's never about ME and will do whatever it takes to help his team win. Tired of all the negatives comments.

Thank you for writing this. Comments like this are beyond hurtful and ridiculous. What do people gain from writing things like, "thanks for the update, dad."????? Stop being MEAN for no reason!!! Let's use this website to have healthy discussions and share opinions, but not to tear apart children, other high school and club teams, and each other.

Be more careful about what you post. I can't imagine how hurtful that post would be if the young man were to see it. Luckily this website is mainly filled with angry adults who care way too much about the negatives and don't focus enough on what is so great about this sport that our children seem to love.

Easy there! On an anonymous forum where nobody even really knows which kid is being refered to, a comment of "thanks dad" is a figure of speech meant to imply , stop bragging about your own kid! Anyone who come on here saying so and so is the best player on the team. Lacrosse is a team sport and it is insulting to the other kids on the TEAM to say one is the best. Instead maybe try saying, "the middle has been playing really well this season"

thank you for you clarity - I had no idea what "thanks dad" meant or implied on an anonymous forum - I also agree that it is a TEAM sport, that is why I am against having All-County, All-American and POY awards because it is a team sport so why single out only certain players?

Some kids are better then others. Not everyone gets a trophy. Little league is over. Some kids put in a lot of hard work and should be recognized for it. Just like the college level and pros.

Here here. Agreed