Originally Posted by Anonymous
To the long island community. Reclassification is here! We can choose to get made it it if you'd like but its like wasting your time and more importantly your effort. I don't support it, but this happens and will continue to happen even if you hate it. So the only thing to do as a sport is to ensure a safe and fair environment for kids to play. This is my suggestion to entire lacrosse community. The grade thing doesn't work, as there are plenty of kids who are a full year older then their counter parts. The age thing is the only way to make it work at the younger levels. This is the only way to ensure kids are playing on the same mental and physical level. Now this is all well and good, but as you may all know college coaches don't care how old a player is, they care what grade their in. So my suggestion is that everyone plays by age until they reach 9th grade. 9th grade and up is where players should play on grade despite their age. By that time most kids have gone through adult changes and the playing field evens out a bit. So no use for bashing clubs or coaches, because they are just doing what the community and the parents want for their kids. No way a coach or a club puts a kid onto a younger grade voluntarily, if they do then that is one thing, but most will put the child where the parents see fit. So if your going to yell at anyone yell at the parents because ultimately its their choice.

Well said and as a parent that has never let his kid play down, I would love to see it. Realistically it will never happen.