I Tend To disagree. Not that it does not happen but the majority do it because either they have the lax knowledge or just know how to work with kids and motivate , the ones bashing have neither , but have plenty of assumptions and picking daisy experience .
People make these types of assumptions when their kid lacks period !. The ones who get playtime and work with their kid at home are not spewing the vomit on the sidelines.

Yes their are bad coaches no argument wit that !
But if another parent has something to say that is valid then step up and do it.
There's plenty of help needed in Pal. I guess I would say my kid is lucky as his "parent" coach runs productive practices and literally goes all year long with his team, there's no BS and all parents are accustomed to it as this will prepare for school team ball.

When your kid gets into middle school and gets cut from team or lacks playtime, your gonna wish you could turn back time and worked more with your kid.
As for those who rather a non parent coach , that's the ticket!
It will not change your kids developement if he still can't catch and throw.

quote=Anonymous]I have coached almost every youth sport. I live in a very competitive big town, I can honestly tell you most guys coach to make sure their kid stays on the field, I hate the guy so much this will be my first kid I send to a Catholic school, [/quote]