Originally Posted by Anonymous
Son, we live in a world that has lacrosse and these kids have to be taught it. Who's gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for your third line middie and you curse the team. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the middies benching, while tragic, probably scored goals. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins games. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that sideline, you need me on that sideline. We use words like cut, pass, slide. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent coaching. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very victories that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a stick, and help my practice. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Absolutely brilliant. All complaints about coaches on this and other forums can be easily remedied. Raise your hand and volunteer. All you need is a pulse and the ability to pass a background check (might be a tall order for some). If you feel like you don't know the game well enough to be a head coach, then be someone's assistant for year or two and learn from them. Then come back to this forum and explain how difficult it is to teach kids and win a few games, while simultaneously managing the egos of their entire extended families. Good luck, and see you on the sidelines