Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stony Brook - 4

Princeton - 8

That's great! Just wish I could've seen JS's reaction!

Watched game on ESPN3. Princeton played well and their goalie and defense really stepped up. I know it was a disappointing loss for Stony Brook, but to me going in I thought it was a toss up.

One thing that bothered me happened w 3:05 left. Princeton lost control of the ball momentarily, but then recovered it and immediately called timeout. The players put their sticks down -- all but one, SB player #22, who was 5 yards to the midfield side of the ball. As the refs and players turn away to go to the sidelines, #22 throws her stick to where the player w the ball's stick is on the ground. I looked up #22 on the roster. No surprise she is from Northport High and undoubtedly a YJ. That is bush league stuff. Play the game the right way. Integrity matters.

Nice win, Princeton.

Normally don't love calling out a kid like this, but I saw that as well and was shocked that she would make it so obvious. Not great sportsmanship there, but then again, it was an extremely tough game and I guess some players will stoop to low levels in order to try and win

I didn't see the play and I don't want to single anyone out but I can tell you it runs rampant at PAL games with girls who play YJ's. They all encroach, they and move after the whistle and they all seem to bend the rules until caught or are warned. It goes unnoticed most of the time but it gives the players a big advantage. Watch them, they all smile when they are getting away with it. They clearly know its wrong