Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stony Brook - 4

Princeton - 8

That's great! Just wish I could've seen JS's reaction!

Watched game on ESPN3. Princeton played well and their goalie and defense really stepped up. I know it was a disappointing loss for Stony Brook, but to me going in I thought it was a toss up.

One thing that bothered me happened w 3:05 left. Princeton lost control of the ball momentarily, but then recovered it and immediately called timeout. The players put their sticks down -- all but one, SB player #22, who was 5 yards to the midfield side of the ball. As the refs and players turn away to go to the sidelines, #22 throws her stick to where the player w the ball's stick is on the ground. I looked up #22 on the roster. No surprise she is from Northport High and undoubtedly a YJ. That is bush league stuff. Play the game the right way. Integrity matters.

Nice win, Princeton.

Normally don't love calling out a kid like this, but I saw that as well and was shocked that she would make it so obvious. Not great sportsmanship there, but then again, it was an extremely tough game and I guess some players will stoop to low levels in order to try and win