Youth town team parents are the worst with their whining on the sidelines , they at times become a cancer and spread disease to other parents , and blame everything on the coach ! it's the coaches fault That their child can't catch, throw, or yes even run. It's the coaches fault because he should have told their child where the mid-line was even though the kid has been playing for 5 years . I love when parents come to the coach and dictate on how things should be done with the team, or what kids should be taken from the other team On to their team. Most coaches go above and beyond the duty of basic coaching but still are ridiculed because many parents feel this is what they paid for in town ball (all of $100.00 ,,,wow so high priced gonna get my money's worth!!). , try paying travel prices Then go and complain
Let's face it if your kid lacks the skill set, chances are it's not the coaches fault that little Johnny doesn't practice on his own.
If you want to go further, after 6th grade comes middle school , kids will be sifted out by the time jv comes along.
Are the parents going to continue to blame the coaches then??

Originally Posted by Anonymous
yes!!! finally!!!! a coach speaks out!!! amen to that!!! as a coach as well I am so tired of the smug remarks from the stands and the bleacher coaches.....many who have never picked a stick up in their lives. tired of the whining and hiding behind e-mails. even when you're team is undefeated, there's no pleasing half of these parents. even when every single kid on the team has played as much as u can play them in each game, there's still no pleasing. I had a parent believe it or not who's is still learning the game and is trying his hardest, tell me it's not fair that when my son gets in the game no one passes to him. They need to pass to him and be fair. word for word this was said to me and my staff. mind u the father never picked up so much as a wiffle ball bat in his life let alone a lacrosse stick. this was said coming off a big win. this has been a great season for us. the boys are enjoying being undefeated. and to have a parent/bleacher coach tell me that after a game where all the boys come off the field smiling blows my mind. I know as a coach I'm not speaking alone. please parents seriously, root for the team. support the kids and the coaches. things may not always go your way. if your son isn't playing as much as other boys due to his skills or from being new to the game....he has to work a little harder. and as a thirty year lax player and coach I can certainly tell u it's at home where your son will get better with his stick and throwing cradling catching and scooping ground balls. practicing with the team twice a week is not going to make him a better lacrosse player. we as coaches will only fine tune what he does on his own. so parents please don't complain or make negative comments if your son is not playing much or no one is passing to him. ask yourself before you bash the coaches who volunteer their time, is my son practicing on his own? or am I just whining in the stands. be fair before u start to bash the coaching staff.