Originally Posted by Anonymous

This is comical that you need to go through an entire justification for a club that is well known and openly admits to having a large majority of holdbacks. Not the kid's fault - blame the parents and the coaches who feel they need to do this and then justify it. No need to argue - it is the team's way and the rest of the clubs simply need to understand it is the coaches and the parents choice to teach their kids this mentality.

The claim is that to the extent there are holdbacks on the 2020 crabs team they meet the 5/1/2001 requirement for the warrior tournament and are thus just turning 14. To me that wouldn't be that big a deal. A lot of parents start boys with summer birthdays late. Is that actually the case or do they really have 15 year olds on their 2020 team?[/quote]

MIAA has a rule that you can't turn 19 prior to the start of school year and play sports. So any 2020 who is 15 would be sitting out his senior year of lax in the league that one would presume that most Crabs are interested in playing in. Not to say it has never happened or will never happen but the double holdback is largely a myth, unless you consider holdback and then PG. I'm sure a few that push the limit, meaning fall/winter '00 that are in 2020. I was 17 in fall of freshman college. Boy times have changed