Originally Posted by Anonymous
In High School grade based simply makes more sense. This thread is about 6th grade lacrosse. At this level of lacrosse development, age based palying requirements will provide a safer environment for learning. A child born in 1998 should be playing against boys his own age and not against pre-pubescent 11 year olds.

The Jesters have a 6th grade boy who I have been told is the correct age and not held back, he looks to be close to 6 feet tall my son is an average size 6th grader and about 4' 8" - for safety reason do we not allow the 6th grader to play with the smaller but same age kids? what about a very small 7th grader that is too small to play against other 7th grade kids is it OK to play down for safety reasons? I think there are always going to be huge height and weight gaps for kids born within a year anyway so keeping it too grade based seems the best to me. regardless of size I want my 6th grader playing against 6th graders not older 5th graders and next year in middle school they are all going to have to play against each other anyway.