Originally Posted by The Hop
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by The Hop
Here's a question I will put out there for discussion.

Is it more demeaning to an inferior opponent to continue to compete OR pass the ball around and play keep away while they chase?

This has been a hot topic for ever and I for one don't know which way is better.

Playing keep away is unsportsmanlike.

I have seen coaches up by 10 or more with starters still in game, double teaming and pushing the offense. There is a right way to win and lose a game. The HS division should be broken down by talent so all teams have competitive games. It is not what either team wants with that big a gap in ability.

To your first point I will say 10 goals in a lacrosse game can be made up quickly. It happens often so I understand keeping the pressure on at that point.

To your second point I will add there is no way to make all divisions competitive all the time. The team personnel change every year and in your scenario who would be evaluating the talent to determine placement? it's impossible to do as you described.

Finally I would say to the teams that struggle year in and year out that maybe it's time to evaluate the program a a whole. What I mean by that is take note of the HS teams that are "on top" every year and you will see good coaches and a strong youth program. If you want to change a losing tradition then simply get to work changing the youth program and varsity coaches. The AD and the BOE can handle the coaches and parents can handle the youth program. Get to work!!

Amen!