Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Not interested in the pathetic story, how many kids you have or if the players are "exhausted" by playing for multiple teams. It's simple. Play by the rules. Its up to the coaches to enforce the rules. My responsibility is the safety of my players. If you play my team I am asking for your roster. Now you know in advance.

We're not talking about older kids. We're talking about kids in the same grade. You're not concerned about safety then. You're concerned about losing. PAL has never instructed directors to ensure that their coaches have a copy of their roster with them. Furthermore, the rosters don't have pictures anyway. If PAL thought it was a problem, this would have been addressed. I can assure you that you won't get a roster from any team. This isn't football. Teams are not required to meet at midfield and review rosters. The rule is not now, nor has it ever been, enforced. If you play my team, you won't get one. Now you know in advance. If you won't play it will be considered a forfeit and my team will go get ice cream. Your team will go home wondering why their coach wouldn't let them play lacrosse on a beautiful spring day. Maybe your team needs a new coach.

Never seen it happen , but you are absolutely required to have copy of roster with numbers. If you aren't cheating , why so concerned?

I don't cheat. Trust me, I don't need to because I can coach. I also don't whine and [lacrosse] when I lose. I've been coaching PAL for my kids on some level for 9 years and never once have I been told to carry a roster by my progam's director or PAL rep. Never once have I been asked to produce a roster by a ref or opposing team's coach or PAL rep. Go ahead and see what happens. I promise you'll be told to pound salt.

Lighten Up Frances