Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Great schools but there is a life after lacrosse so if your daughter wants to be a doctor don't send her to UNC to study African studies just because its UNC and its Lacrosse. I think that's the point.

If you can get recruited to any of the schools you listed AND take the major you want that is a home run. If you have been through the process you will know that is not always the case and certain majors are frowned upon at the big time programs.

Yes, the point is choose the school by the major you intend to pursue, not the lacrosse team.

Stop bashing UNC, I doubt that you would find many if any UNC Women's Lacrosse Players who took the (no show easy A class). More than 50% of the students who took the classes were not athletes. The vast majority of athletes who did take the classes were football and basketball players.

Most of the Top 20 Lacrosse Programs are also excellent academic institutions. These colleges and universities have a wide range of majors to choose from so most will be a great fit for a student athlete who has the ability to go to one of the listed schools.

If you do not think that being a student athlete at one of the schools listed will be helpful when looking for a job you are misinformed.

Keep hating, continue the jealous posting and keep telling everyone that you would much rather have your daughter go to a small D3 school. Northwestern, Duke, Princeton, Notre Dame, Virginia, Stanford and Penn have nothing on the schools that you think so highly of.

Just looking at a kids major really does not give you the complete picture anyway. Played a D1 sport and majored in Psychology because I found it interesting but went on to Medical School .My wife also a former D1 athlete who majored in Communications and went on to Law School.If you plan on going on to a graduate school you will find out there are many roads that can get you there.Not sure of every Major but in my Med School class there were many including Music, Math,etc.

There are kids on these teams that only care about lacrosse and want to do the least amount in school as possible. There are others who take academics seriously. I don't think generalizations can be made. If I could send my daughter to UNC to play lacrosse , I would do in a heartbeat ( as would she)