Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
IMHO, third best catholic on the island would be Doms or SJB not Kellenberg.

SJB beat you (some would say they were rebuilding as well) & they lost to Doms by 1. Some say Doms has a few youngins that will help that programs future as well.

What I would love to understand is that JV component in relation to how many Sophs/Frosh play for the other teams. I was told SJB and Doms have underclassman at pivotal roles on Varsity, if that is try you cant compare that to a JV squad (Unless STA or Chamy).

Unfortunately it becomes a numbers game, or lack of, when it comes to Dom’s and St. Johns. Dom’s has 13 players on their JV team (they almost didn’t form a team). They are shuffling players between both JV and Varsity. Their JV team barely beat Kberg’s JVB team. The same might be said about the numbers on the St. John’s JV team, only 19 kids on that team. Both teams do not have a tremendous amount of kids to choose from. That is why Kellenberg’s JVA and JVB teams is filled with Freshman and Sophomores and Their Varsity has Juniors and Seniors. They just have more kids to choose from. Not taking anything away from the talent on Dom’s, St. Johns or Kellenberg, all three schools have some good players. None of they have the depth of a Chaminade or St. Anthonys.

I don't think you can compare the JV A or B experience of Kelly's to those Sophs and Frosh getting varsity for Doms or SJB.

Cant compare [/quote]

Not comparing...Of course you get better experience playing up. I am just saying that Dom's and St Johns HAVE to bring Freshman and Soph's to Varsity because they do not have enough players to form their teams. Kellenberg does not. [/quote]

Stepinac is not a good win they are not a good team. Do you play St Mary's or that new program Kennedy in Westchester. Sorry, for the island not a 3rd best. Nor do I see it in the future. It is about varsity and if SJB and Doms can get the numbers and play Frsh or Sphs they will continually be better.

Whats up with BC and DB out of NJ. are these rebuild years?

I agree that St Dom's & SJB have smaller numbers then Kellenberg but they are winning with the younger kids playing up. This will only lead to stronger programs in the future.