Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]May well be the case that they are not #3 but my understanding is that Kellenberg doesn't typically bring up sophs to varsity but rather keeps them with their year (like SA and I think Chaminade) I also noted that they are doing the things you will want to when you are trying to build a program and step up in class by playing tougher competition in non league games to build a tougher mentality. This way, the "Big Two" games aren't as big a deal to the boys when they play them.

I do notice that all of their losses were to teams with winning records so no "bad" losses per se. I don't know if I buy into the Associative Principle of comparative strength (if I am using the right one - been out of school decades). I think they are still kids and are entitled to a bad game occasionally. I think as the league schedule plays out, we will have a better read on how good or bad this team is.

I don't have a dog in the fight or kid at Kellenberg. I was just noting that it appears that they are doing the things one would do if you are trying to build a good, solid program.

[quote=Anonymous]Rome wasn't built in a day. In the long run, a third competitive team in the league would only help Chaminade and SA. Team has 6 losses but hard to criticize for losses to Lynbrook, Pequa even Farmingdale.[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]thoughts on kellenberg this yr so far ?

If Kellenberg had a sophomore that could help them win they would certainly bring him up. Just as St Anthony’s has and would. Chammy would not. But let’s get one thing out of the way Kellenberg is no St A or Chammy. That is clear! Playing good competition is only helpful if you can complete with the good competition. Clearly by the scores below that is not the case. The only games Kellenberg competed in were Aspen, St Doms and Hewlet. The rest of the games were not close. By playing teams out of your class you could have the reverse effect and hurt the confidence of your team. Time will tell as the season plays on. But if Kellenberg does not perform better the second half of the season, if should think twice about play this type of schedule in the future.
Farmingdale 11-4 L
Aspen 12-8 L
St Dom 10-8 W
Stepnic 8-6 W
Lynbrook 11-6 L
Hewlet 6-3L
Massapequa 18-8 L
Holy Trinity 10-2 W