May well be the case that they are not #3 but my understanding is that Kellenberg doesn't typically bring up sophs to varsity but rather keeps them with their year (like SA and I think Chaminade) I also noted that they are doing the things you will want to when you are trying to build a program and step up in class by playing tougher competition in non league games to build a tougher mentality. This way, the "Big Two" games aren't as big a deal to the boys when they play them.

I do notice that all of their losses were to teams with winning records so no "bad" losses per se. I don't know if I buy into the Associative Principle of comparative strength (if I am using the right one - been out of school decades). I think they are still kids and are entitled to a bad game occasionally. I think as the league schedule plays out, we will have a better read on how good or bad this team is.

I don't have a dog in the fight or kid at Kellenberg. I was just noting that it appears that they are doing the things one would do if you are trying to build a good, solid program.
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Rome wasn't built in a day. In the long run, a third competitive team in the league would only help Chaminade and SA. Team has 6 losses but hard to criticize for losses to Lynbrook, Pequa even Farmingdale.
thoughts on kellenberg this yr so far ?

Got beat up by SJB Saturday!

Total rebuiding year. Not very good. They have a nice upcoming sophmore class for next year that should help. JV team is 8-1. But still not in the same conversation as Friars and Flyers.

IMHO, third best catholic on the island would be Doms or SJB not Kellenberg.

SJB beat you (some would say they were rebuilding as well) & they lost to Doms by 1. Some say Doms has a few youngins that will help that programs future as well.

What I would love to understand is that JV component in relation to how many Sophs/Frosh play for the other teams. I was told SJB and Doms have underclassman at pivotal roles on Varsity, if that is try you cant compare that to a JV squad (Unless STA or Chamy).