You're uninformed. My son plays at a great D3 school. Got 30+ percent for academic and merit money. The Coach pushed his application through, had his acceptance in 1 DAY!!! Lax made the college acceptance process a breeze, and they found him plenty of money. Will save us nearly $75k. Oh yeah, money was locked in whether or not he ever stepped foot on the field. Not a bad deal, and the school is easily a better academic choice than many of the D1 schools. It's not all about D1... It's about education and leveraging your sport. [/quote]

I agree 100%. I played D3 football it you are not playing for OSU, Oregon, Alabama, etc there is not that much of a difference in the experience. It is still high quality college athletics played at smaller venues.

It is even less a difference in College lacrosse. You can't tell me a kid playing at St. John's, Hofstra, Towson or even Stony Brook has a much better experience than a kid going to Salisbury, Cortland, Stevenson, Post, Aldephi, etc. Unless you are going to Duke, NC, Hopkins, Syracuse, Va, IVY etc. What is the difference? The elite kids go to elite schools. The rest?? Go for the education and college experience.