Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree with that 100% that very strong town teams will rarely beat a top club but my point is not so much about winning but player development. Some of these elite teams have lots of great players but "win" with only a couple of even better players - so I agree w/ you that to be the best, you need to play the best but all too often clubs stockpile talent and only a few actually play against the best and contribute while the rest get to watch a great game... just my observation - if your HS has weak teams or plan on going to private/Catholic school then I believe you should go big club

How about getting outside your comfort zone? How about making new friends? How about playing with different kids? How about playing for a different coach? How about playing a different role than the one you play on your town/school team? How about changing things up and having fun? How about making new connections? How about playing with better players? How about competing at the highest level that you are capable of competing at?

How about .....none of this really matters because Lax ends after college!?!?

totally agree, this is why kids should only play tennis and golf because that is for the most part the only sports they will play once they graduate college and start working in the real world (for those that are a little to literal, that was sarcastic) the points that the two posts were mentioning were all about things that matter and things that they will take with them long after their playing careers are over