Originally Posted by Anonymous
Virtually Forbidding???? Kids leave GC program all the time for club and end up playing for GCHS. I would think GC is no different then any club (91/Express) in that they want to keep their best players. My take is that GC is good enough to field a solid club team and give kids significant rolls where it is less mercenary and a win at all cost attitude. That said, playing for clubs teams does help some kids get exposure to playing with top notch players but in club a lot of really solid players end up sitting on the bench and or getting their playing time in non meaningful games - less so in GC IMO

I believe that is entirely wrong.

Less mercenary, ha! The GC club teams forbid anyone that does not (or will not) be part of the HS future.

Recently, only a select group of emails were sent to the middle school kids inviting them to tryout fro the GC club teams. By excluding other kids from the invite, how does that seem like a fair tryout? Who calls those shots? Is it the A parents or the HS Coaches?

By the looks of it, some folks (with select players) are fed up with the BS and you can see on the rosters of fl$, 91, Express, Revolution, and TB etc.