Originally Posted by Anonymous
Real classy SOUTH SHORE THUNDER person....posting here. As an observer at the indoor game last night at Turf Island, you seem to be leaving out the main part of the story. I'm guessing you have selective memory - but that's expected. So let me fill the rest of the BOTC community in now. Remember, you opened up the can of worms. And this story can be verified by TI if someone so chooses.

Game was fun, competitive - but respectful -(No checking allowed at TI) Maybe 2 penalties the whole game - Both head coaches are friends. At one point in the game LB Team22 was up by 4 goals, but SS Thunder fought back late. They ended up scoring 2 goals in the final 2 min of the game to tie it up. With just under 15 seconds to go, Team22 cleared the ball from their own zone. Ultimately connecting with an offensive player - who scored the game winner with 2 seconds left. So, here we go...

A SouthShore THUNDER player....'AFTER' the final buzzer sounded decides to FULL baseball swing slash an unsuspecting Team22 player on his right knee - The 10yo boy goes down HARD...crying and in substantial pain (The injured T22 player was still in the defensive zone, completely out of the play and getting ready to go over to congratulate the goalie might I add). And right in front of the parent benches which are 6 feet from the field. Ref missed it b/c he was on the offensive side for the final goal. I just want to say, that T22 has played many games vs. SST (Outdoor and Indoor) - And both sides have been nothing but cordial. Even going as far as talking and joking amongst each other during game play. Nothing but respect. After the slash... many parents, both on T22 and SST where in awe of this poor sportsmanship. However, there was a Dad from SouthShore Thunder who was outright LAUGHING at the whole incident. Laughing at the injured kid on the floor, and outright 'mocking' not only the parents from T22...but the injured boys Mom, who was visibly shaken and frustrated by the whole event. This dad now continued this behavior as players walked off the field with each other. Obviously, things remained tense towards this individual as everyone intermingled. Good job SS dad, you should be ashamed of yourself. And thank you for escalating this incident more than it should have been -- I am betting the above poster who now enlightened us here......is that DAD

Wow!! Its really sad that there are adults and kids in this sport that act like this ^. Hope the kids ok.