Originally Posted by RobertS
Sour grapes parents need to check the mirror and the their lives. Too many believe that the game that THEIR CHILD IS PLAYING, NOT THEM is the be all end all. Tell me where the perfect program is and I'll pick it apart. The head coach at Marquette has my unyielding support. She cares about the girls first and foremost and her program ranking comes somewhere behind that. Show me a program where there are not off the field issues at the college level and I'll say your wrong! Take a look at the fiber of your daughters. Do they whine and complain and make excuses or do they battle to be the best and support the team no matter what. Are they good enough to standout at practice so the coaches notice and have enough confidence in them to put them on the field to represent? This coach is a proven champion and devotes her life to share her wisdom with her team. College is about life lessons, not about lacrosse. If the young ladies have an issue with one of the coaches they should confront them about it. The system and the program are open to that interaction. Your daughters are adults and society needs them to start acting as such. Stop wiping their noses would ya...

You have the same condescending attitude as the coach. That is why she is 11-37. These girls all work hard and are dedicated to the team. They also see the same players make the same mistakes over and over again for 3 years and not be held accountable . Being held accountable means you go to the bench and someone else gets a chance to play meaningful minutes.

The other point your missing is no one gets reps in practice but the starters. This is because the coach has a huge team. No player or parent was ever told this would be the case.

The coach has create a haves and have nots culture on the team. Any body who has coached girls lacrosse will tell you that this is incredibly toxic.

The bench players on this team are just as good as the starters, in some cases better. They have earned and deserve a fair opportunity to play. Who knows maybe you will get a win against a good team that way.