Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You just don't get it!!! Let's say you are a successful business owner who has put in the hard work, long hours and have risen to the top of your industry. Should you sit out for a while and tell your top performers to slow down because it's unfair to the competition? Should you stand by and sandbag until your competition has the chance to to catch up? This is life people. Why is this so difficult to grasp?

the sad reality of our society that is why.these girls and coaches are NOT rubbing it in anyone's face.they just go out and compete.our society is in trouble because of you mommies and daddies. the kids certainly dont have a problem with others scoring. lets be real. how many kids come home and cry to mommy and daddy at the dinner table. most walk away and dont think about it until the next practice or game. and many others will talk about the sick plays these top girls can make and strive to be that same type of player.it is always the mommies and daddies

I'm sorry but you don;t get it. This is not professional sports or even college sports. It's high school girls lacrosse. I have been coaching organized sports at all levels for a long time. This has nothing to do with mommies and daddies. This is all about what sports should be about. Its about teamwork, commitment and hard work. Its about sportsmanship, honoring the game, honoring your opponent.

I've also coached my own kids and I would never let my kids do this - never. In fact I would not let any of my players do this. There is no reason to pour it on and keep scoring when the opponent is clearly mismatched. This is th time to work on other players on the team and empower them to put all of their time and hard work that they have contributed into a game situation.

I'm sorry but to allow your own daughter (or even your own player) rack up 12 goals is gross. 12 of 17 goals - is ridiculous. If you are supposed to be such a great coach - develop more players rather than just your own daughter.