Originally Posted by Anonymous
I've played lacrosse nearly my entire life and there is nothing more embarrassing than when your down big and the opposing team puts their third string in. It is degrading and the message that is sent is that you don't deserve to be on the same filed as our first line. I'd much rather lose big to to the best than to have a bench line come in and practice. Respect the game, respect your opponent and bring your best from whistle to whistle. Anything else is a descrace!

ABSOLUTE CRAP! Why are you down big? Because the other coach didn't do the right thing. You don't need to yank all your players. How about telling a girl that has her 15 points already (sarcastic) that if she must play the whole game that she has to pass to a younger or less skilled player so they can go to the cage? The rate of scoring slows down and yes there are a few more saves and turnovers which means you can work on your defense. At Manhasset everybody scores three and if someone goes down to injury the team doesn't fold. Develop your roster and strengthen your total team in these games.

Rosters are developed in youth programs and summer travel.

So High School coaches are baby sitters? They don't offer anything more than our 18yr old summer coach or the daddy PAL coach? If they don't show up as a star they don't play? HS coach doesn't develop their team for years to come? I guess you just let the summer travel kids run the show and pad their stats. Interesting