Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A note of caution to any parent considering Marquette for your daughter. The coach is completely incompetent. Your kid will have a miserable experience and end up hating the sport she loves. There a quality kids quitting left and right. Also there is a very subtle pay to play policy in place. It is disgusting.

That's too bad. Is your daughter thinking of transferring? Or is she happy there overall, just not with the lax program?

The school is a good one and the kids like it. I know a number of the girls are thinking of transferring or just plain quitting. The problem is lax and school become intertwined. Hard to have a great experience when half your time of the day is miserable.

The problem with the coaches are they have created a junior high school like environment. Very petty. Not conducive to growing girls or building their self confidence. They started out with some good assistants, but that has been a revolving door.

One of the assistants is an aggressive [lacrosse] who is bitter and angry at the world and takes it out on the kids. Very difficult for these girls to cope with that. Head coach only cares about herself and the teams lax power rating. A total narcissistic ego maniac. A girl on the team was sexually assaulted and it was swept under the rug by the coaching staff and administration.

My daughter left the team last year and is leading a much healthier life as a result of it.

Marquette should know better. It is a Jesuit institution that should care about kids instead of treating them like commodities.

Bottom line is there are too many new D 1 lacrosse programs and not enough experienced coaches. Don't let your daughter be a guinea pig for the Marquette coaches to learn. I guarantee it will come at your daughters expense.

If you read some of the coaches press releases you will laugh. They are being blow out of games and she makes it sound as if they are actually close games. One of her strategies is to keep the starters in the whole game after the other team empties their bench. She narrows the score and makes herself look better.

She recruited close to 50 girls to be on the team. Impossible for that many to have a good experience.

Putting this out as a public service . Better to be forewarned of these things.