Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's rephrase that- how about a supposedly great club team which happens to have all kids from Manhasset (and rather large ones) on it almost got beat by a Port Washington town team. That game was the first time the town team has played together since last spring. So yes, up yours. Why do I have to keep telling you people to go and polish your loafers????

Question, wasn't this a town team tournament? How about we leave the suppositions aside and just say it was a good game and congratulate ALL of the kids for playing so well?!

A lot of towns and not distinguishing between their PAL and travel team. they are entering the travel teams in town tournaments even it it's really a club team.

A lot of towns start dividing their PAL teams up by talent in 5th grade. So some of the better town teams will play in both travel and town tournaments. I see nothing wrong with this.

no one said there was anything wrong with it per se. just another edge everyone vying for. someone said wasn't that a town tournament? It gets quite confusing after awhile because the teams are touting each other as both. after a town tournament if a team wins against a club team everyone jumps all over it. I'm simply stating in some towns there is no distinction. the teams entering town tournaments who have a legitimate travel program or have kids on top club teams as well will have an advantage without a doubt. how many top club team helmets do you see at town tournaments. the number is growing larger every year.

So are you penalizing a boy who plays on a travel team and also plays for his town in a town tournament? Do you not want him to wear his travel helmet during town events? I doubt there are many towns out there that forbid players from wearing a non-town helmet when participating on a town team. That would be silly.

I said nothing of the sort. read it again.