Originally Posted by The Hop
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you don't think over zealous travel parents and girls take advantage of being on weak HS teams with weak HS coaches to push their own recruiting agendas by padding their stats then you haven't been watching girls HS lacrosse lately.

Take a look at the Nassau county scoring leaders - players from Island trees, Wheatley, Divsion, PLanedge, Herricks none of these teams ever win anything. Where are the GC kids? the Manhasset kids? Those teams play as a full multi line unit and have been since grade school. I don't think that's an excuse but a fact

I can tell you with certainty that the kids at the schools you mentioned are not getting any advantage with college coaches due to their stats. Regardless of your accusations of "padding stats" or not. I know many college coaches and have been around the game for 40 years and am actively involved today with recruiting and governing. College coaches look at how the kid plays and how they will fit into their system. They also want to see the athletic ability and IQ more so than the lax ability and stats.
Because your opinion differs doesn't mean it's correct and I will go with the words and opinions I hear first hand from these coaches rather than emotional opinions from an anonymous parent any day.

To the parents of kids who don't get the stats and glory I will say keep pushing yourself 110% and fight for the ground balls and be a vocal and positive visible presence on the field. Excel in the classroom as well because these are the things that get you recruited.
I agree whole heartedly college coaches don't care so why pad the stats? Why not share the ball so the team becomes stronger?4vK