Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to HS sports. In my district you pay your coaches to play on a travel team during the summer and in return they play 9th graders in the last few minutes of a game over upper classman who have waited for their opportunity to play. Coaches of today want loyalty, but perhaps they should remember to return that loyalty to their players. What happened to waiting your turn or earning your spot. I have no problem with young players playing if they are truly better then the older ones, but let the kids play when the time is right!!

Amen brother. HS lax should to at least some degree be about creating memories, especially for the Seniors who have toiled away for years with very little reward. In a game already decided, would it kill a coach to get his bench riding seniors a couple of thrills for the years of commitment? Especially the Seniors who have been loyal to the coach's summer program when there are so many better club options that he could have played for. The 9th graders have plenty of time left and I have yet to see too many 9th graders who are better than seniors.