Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
]This poster is either horribly misguided or naive, Coaches will play who they are pressured to play. Ability and work ethic have nothing to do with it. There is a player right now that is a senior D1 commit, that started for, and at one time was time the position player for a very good club team. she was never cut from any team, and has more than once beaten out other, more highly touted players for a starting slot, and has lead a team to a championship game. She is sitting on the bench unable to get in because an administrator within the district has a vendetta against her an her family. Instead they play an uncommitted 11th grader, with little or no varsity experience, and use the excuse that she is a transfer from another school. The statement that coaches will play the better girls is just a lie. That or this is the worst coach on Long Island

Where is this happening???
I could never mention what district this is happening in, The girl in question was threatened with expulsion from the team if, and I quote, she will be "Cut out like a cancer" if she , or her family, do anything the coach (or the administrator, or the administrators spouse) deem antagonistic. Needless to say she is very upset. Not that the coach or administrator cares. [/quote]

Sorry, don't buy it. Been around lax and sports for a long time and heard some crazy stuff, 99% not true. Just find it hard to believe that some stud lax player is sitting on the bench, because of a vendetta from an administrator. I have acouple of stories that are even crazier than this one. [/quote]

It may not be an excuse I think there are transfer rules and requirements. http://www.hufsd.edu/assets/pdfs/athletics/2012/nysphaa_bylaws_eligibility.pdf pg 107