Originally Posted by Anonymous
]This poster is either horribly misguided or naive, Coaches will play who they are pressured to play. Ability and work ethic have nothing to do with it. There is a player right now that is a senior D1 commit, that started for, and at one time was time the position player for a very good club team. she was never cut from any team, and has more than once beaten out other, more highly touted players for a starting slot, and has lead a team to a championship game. She is sitting on the bench unable to get in because an administrator within the district has a vendetta against her an her family. Instead they play an uncommitted 11th grader, with little or no varsity experience, and use the excuse that she is a transfer from another school. The statement that coaches will play the better girls is just a lie. That or this is the worst coach on Long Island

Where is this happening???
I could never mention what district this is happening in, The girl in question was threatened with expulsion from the team if, and I quote, she will be "Cut out like a cancer" if she , or her family, do anything the coach (or the administrator, or the administrators spouse) deem antagonistic. Needless to say she is very upset. Not that the coach or administrator cares.

If this is true the family needs to take legal action
against the school- I have heard of
Some crazy school politics back stabbing but legally
this is a threat and the family has legal grounds
to take action [/quote]

Anyone else read Harlan Coben's new book The Stranger? It's a mystery thriller set in a fictitious affluent lacrosse town in NJ. Some of the characters in the book had to have been based on lacrosse parents in my town - or yours. Unfortunately, I even saw a little of myself in one mom. [/quote]

Thank u ! Love that author and can't wait to read it!!
Should be Intersting !