Originally Posted by Anonymous
Five 7th graders were brought up to JV at ESM three are Top Guns and two are Yellow Jackets. It's not always some huge conspiracy and club affiliation - sure, if you look for a reason you will find it.

The girls brought up are great players in there age group-same thing done last year - its starting to be a pattern at ESM-its a small school so not that unusual - the talent pool is not that large and bringing the younger kids up early gives them more practice and game time as opposed to MS lax which is a joke. By 9th and 10th grade there are only a handful of girls that still play -most get disgusted and quit because of politics and favortism

Or sometimes they just find other interests. Many times it's the parents that seem to have the bigger issues and they project their own opinions on to their children. I know there are situations where kids seem to get a raw deal, but to say that many quit because of politics and disgust I think is a bit of an exaggeration. High school has so much to offer besides lacrosse. Some of my children's peers have left lacrosse for theatre, track, softball. Just because we as parents put a stick in their hand when they were kids doesn't mean they're going to stick with it. Missing family weddings, christenings, proms for lax games or a tryout is a whole other issue but I digress...

You are absolutely right - girls find other interests
And don't want to commit all there time - weekends
Summers - all year round to lax- but once they stop
That and just play in spring they will never see
Playing time on varsity - those
Spots go to the girls who play all year round are committed
To a college - I guess that is what I
Meant by disgust and politics -
Varsity lax is not for the seasonal player
Anymore and that kind of stinks