Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why is that weak?

Ive seen it all to many times, the tryout process is not for the players but the parents. the coaches know who can play and who mesh with the teams. At 6/7/8 the coaches have ben with the girls for a few years and I am sure they will take the new girl who played soccer or softball who is an athlete.

yes it stinks for those 3/4 bubble players. I wouldn't call it weak though. Those girls just need to work harder maybe attend a clinic or two and the all important their folks need to STFU so they don't hurt the child's chances next go round.

what year does the LISGYLL start 7th

BS.. WI PAL/LISGYLL is all politics.. more that half the girls on the Self validated "Elite" can't catch, much less run. If you really want to see some slow nonathletic lacrosse then pay attention to the games this season. Things are done based on self interest and what makes their daughters look good and not based on what's best for teams. There is a huge conflict of interest here. Coaches only care about their daughters, No wonder they are having difficulties filling slots.

If this is the case the better players and parents know this and if they don't like it then they need to step up and get a coach and tell the current Grand Pubba and assistant it is no longer their call. If they, have maybe that is why they leave.

If you are complaining because you fit between 20-30th player in the grade (or 6th best at position) I don't think you have much say for the A travel team. As I will admit many times there isn't much of a difference between the 20th and 30th player to a coach (of players that have played a few years). but to that 22nd ranked player they are always ranked top 10 their parents. This unrealistic impression also causes issues.

This is where the community needs to step in, not to force a coach to take a second team player, but to force the league to development those 2nd team players. It isn't always about that A "Elite" team. It is about building a program not 15 individuals.