Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by America's Game
Manhasset loses to Boys Latin 8 to 6. That's not bad since BL is considered one the best boys teams in the country

BL way down this year. However, I do respect Manhasset for playing them, the game was not a blowout and although BL is no Haveford, the close score is definitely telling that Manhasset has a good team.

Is it me? Or are these MIAA teams highly over-rated? These private schools pull/recruit the best players from all over the DMV area. Are loaded with re-class and hold backs and they can barely beat or lose to small LI public schools? How is that even possible? Garden City, a school with about 140 boys a grade, pulling from a small defined geographic area,beats St. Pauls. Sachem destroys Archbishop Spalding and Manhassett a school with about a 100 boys per grade,loses by two to BL? No disrespect to GC or Set, but they both lost recently to other LI publics. I think a little more attention should be paid to the LI publics. As a whole, this is where the best Lacrosse in the nation is being played.

The people who watch the sport for a living and make the polls don't back your assertions. The great majority of ranked high schools nationally are private schools. If Set had played BL last year, the score would have been 20-2 BL. Set was "lucky" to have missed that freight train by scheduling them this year after a ton of D1 committs had already graduated including Shack Stanwick - you may have heard of him. This year BL is way down and still managed a win against a Set team that should be better than last year. Nice try.

nobody watches boys high school lacrosse for a living, they are hacks trying to make a name for themselves by tweeting BS about the schools they know or have heard of and to discount this years results because in your opinion last year would have been a blow out is silly, the point the original poster was making is still valid, how can these schools with such large areas to pull from always be ranked so highly and then look so bad when up against public schools. Just because Ty and Casey say something does not make it a fact.

Why do you think St Pauls and Boys Latin draw from a huge geographic region? They are both day schools like Chaminade or St. Anthony's. At the very most, probably a 15-20 mile radius. I could see your point for some of the prep boarding schools where they do draw nationally but not the day schools. I think you are exaggerating their reach because you are unfamiliar with the differences between boarding schools and private day schools.

thank you for the definition on a day school, the condescending explanation was appreciated. public schools can draw from kids within their boarders not whomever wants to go there.