Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by America's Game
Manhasset loses to Boys Latin 8 to 6. That's not bad since BL is considered one the best boys teams in the country

BL way down this year. However, I do respect Manhasset for playing them, the game was not a blowout and although BL is no Haveford, the close score is definitely telling that Manhasset has a good team.

Is it me? Or are these MIAA teams highly over-rated? These private schools pull/recruit the best players from all over the DMV area. Are loaded with re-class and hold backs and they can barely beat or lose to small LI public schools? How is that even possible? Garden City, a school with about 140 boys a grade, pulling from a small defined geographic area,beats St. Pauls. Sachem destroys Archbishop Spalding and Manhassett a school with about a 100 boys per grade,loses by two to BL? No disrespect to GC or Set, but they both lost recently to other LI publics. I think a little more attention should be paid to the LI publics. As a whole, this is where the best Lacrosse in the nation is being played.