Originally Posted by Anonymous

OMG, totally missed the point again, I don't have a dog in the fight, don't have an agenda, don't have a clue why 7th, 8th graders and holdbacks would be entered into the conversation. It was a simple question, if you do have that rare 9th or 10th grader who can step in and play right away(they are physically and mentally ready to play) why should they be limited because of their age or grade. If it is something the school has always done, I guess that will have to be reason enough, since no one wants to explain why it is that way. Just because someone asks a question that differs from your point of view, that doesn't make them wrong.

My kids go to public schools and i love what Chaminade does, everybody knows the policy going in and I think it shows that Chaminade is not all about championships. By having the freshman play together they are bonding as a team since they all came from different towns and different club team same as the 10th graders - if they did move up the younger kids it might help them win more but at the expense of an older kids playing time. I feel Chaminade is a total four year experience not a one season experience. It was not the route my kids wanted to take but a great option for those that do. And again everybody knows the deal when they sign up