Originally Posted by Anonymous
Love chaminades model
No freshmen or sophs play varsity
They seem to do well

I don't understand why you would limit fresh/soph to JV team's. I think the best players should play in High School.

go play for public school if that's what you are looking for.

Chaminade is about education first and age appropriate development in the classroom and on the field. What you don't realize is Chaminades kids and parents #1 goal is not to coach summer lacrosse after college like most travel parents want for their kids!

My question was not intended to put down private schools or somehow get into bashing summer lacrosse coaches, I was simply asking why even in an academic first institution you would limit someone's athletic development. If they are physically better and more skilled than a junior or senior why would they not be allowed to play. I read and understand academics first, but athletics is part of the package of being a well rounded, adjusted college ready young adult upon graduation. What is age appropriate, one year, two years, how do we determine that exactly? If it is one year, why can't a sophomore play with a junior? How can a junior possibly compete with a senior? What message is being sent to the junior or senior that is first string even though there might be better players on the JV.