Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by The Hop
Just so I'm clear...these kids you are hammering are in 5th grade right?

You are surprised by this? Go look at a second or third grade thread, it gets even worse.
Bottom line, the kids have fun anywhere they play, its the parents ego's that needs to be fed. And if a 10 year old is that driven to win at all costs, it's stemming from the parents.
Enjoy them playing while you can because if they hang up thier cleats, you will have nothing to do.

That is what's wrong with society these days. Oh its ok if they lose as long as they have fun losing!! Winning is more fun and this team will not beat any elite teams but will win the games and beat the mediocre teams. I did not sign my kid up to be mediocre! If you are touting an A program then put A talent on the field!

is this the only team your child tried out for?

No, we tried out and made the team. We were told its an A team. I see the light now how we are told one thing and to pay the money, then we were delivered a different experience.
What teams play year round so that I can try out for them next year?

Honestly, you were at tryouts - if you had any scope of what a lacrosse player is, you would be able to decipher if there were enough 'A' players at tryouts - if that's in fact what you wanted......an 'A' team - Apparently you have no clue, and in your opinion - got screwed --- this falls on you buddy -- do the rest of us a favor and stay away from the rest of the clubs. We may want your son, but we sure don't want you

If I may interject. All programs regardless of their name try and put A teams together in every age group. At tryouts there may seem to be enough players to field an A caliber team but once tryouts are over no one really knows who will accept an invitation. Some players use other teams tryouts as warm ups for their first choice teams. Others are sent down to see who from their program is trying out for other teams. Players also get invited to multiple teams and choose the best one for them. So if a parent is at a tryout it may seem there are enough A caliber players at a particular tryout but no way were those players intending on staying on with said team. It has happened with many programs recently because of all the new start ups. It happens a lot with older teams especially.