Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by The Hop
Just so I'm clear...these kids you are hammering are in 5th grade right?

You are surprised by this? Go look at a second or third grade thread, it gets even worse.
Bottom line, the kids have fun anywhere they play, its the parents ego's that needs to be fed. And if a 10 year old is that driven to win at all costs, it's stemming from the parents.
Enjoy them playing while you can because if they hang up thier cleats, you will have nothing to do.

That is what's wrong with society these days. Oh its ok if they lose as long as they have fun losing!! Winning is more fun and this team will not beat any elite teams but will win the games and beat the mediocre teams. I did not sign my kid up to be mediocre! If you are touting an A program then put A talent on the field!

OK I'll bite.
I agree with you that winning is more fun. I also agree that losing with dignity and using it to drive you to get better is just as important.
If your child is a top 10 player on his team and you think he can be a top 10 player on a better team, then by all means move him to that team.
I do not promote being mediocre. I promote working hard to succeed. I think you are a bit over the top with your comments about 10 year olds.
I hope you realize that IF your son plays in college, they won't care what team he was on nor how many games they won. As well, every club has an A team. If your ego requires your son to be on the best A team out there, again, go for it. It will feed your ego well. I just hope your son is on the field as much as he would have been.

I just want to get it straight. You spent 2200 for your child to play on a B team being labeled as an A team, and that's OK with you? I get the fact that its not a matter of life and death but I am saying I want what I paid for!