Originally Posted by Anonymous

Maybe I need to stay away from children, but true players no. You my friend need to stay away from sports. Stick and Stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgMVMaK1NnY

yes I believe underclassmen whether they start or not still need to earn their keep. Yes, they earn playing time by their play. But there is more to a team than the game. I guess singing on the tables in-front of everyone in the student café is wrong too. Menial tasks like shoveling or emotional embarrassing moments like singing bonds freshman to upper classmen and gives the TEAM memories of a life-time

I read the article and from reading yes I thought it was an over reaction, very f'd up, but over reaction none the less. There is definitely more to it. If you ever played high level competitive sports you had these (kill a player or coach) thoughts too. but a true athlete eventually respects their opponent coach.

I do not know more than I read. So I do not know the situation. I am sure there is more. But where has the toughness in sports gone!!!

Remember underclassmen push upper classmen not to be complacent; and upperclassmen push underclassmen to play their best so they see the field. They may not see eye to eye but each need to respect each other while knowing each others place.

You are everything that is wrong in youth sports. I fear for your children and how you are raising them with your thuggish thoughts and actions.

I played multiple sports in HS and college and not once did I ever think this way. People like you are the problem. Just because you had these f'd up thoughts does not make it ok.

[/quote]