Originally Posted by Anonymous
very detailed article about the UMBC women's program -

http://baltimorepostexaminer.com/um...ening-kill-freshmen-teammates/2015/03/14

The death threats may have been "text talk" but it sounds like the upper class man were intentionally trying to hurt the freshman in practice

this is an abc afternoon special.

Noone these days can just say let it go. How dumb can they be? I hop ethis is a lesson for all kids. Social media is a [lacrosse].

Where they meant it or not (not saying one way or the other). You just cant do that any more. You need to be careful with your figure of speech.

Are you implying that the President of UMBC, the AD, Student Affairs staff, and the Coach should just "let it go"? Are you kidding me? Suppose that was your daughter being harassed, bullied, threatened and injured by a teammate. Would, you want them to just "let it go?" It was not a"figure of speech". These were blatant threats. Do you think that gang of girls in McDonald's in NY this week that attacked a complete stranger were just kidding? Unfortunately nowadays there are no boundaries and people often act on what, in the past, may have been innocent talk.

No, what I was implying was how dumb can the girls be for doing this. If they didn't know then, they and others behind them will know how serious this stuff is to be taken.

I will say, I was not on campus or at practices to see how the girls reacted to each other to know the severity of this. But that unfortunately doesn't matter.

I am in favor of regardless of your skill you still need to respect the upper classmen. and yes, freshman need to earn for their space. I am not saying they get abused. But this society in general has lost sight of many things.

I put on the boys site a few weeks ago, I am in favor of the underclassmen shoveling the fields of snow I have one. Someone called it abuse. I am not sure where respect and working for things and someone calling it abuse ends.

I played college sports, as a freshman/Soph/Jr/Sr you hated some and you loved some others. Some for good reason other for stupid. Yes you always played a little harder for those you didn't like and let up when you could a little for those you liked. but, We didn't have cell phones or computers/ipad/iphone with apps with email and snap chat and stuff. We said, some wrote it on paper(if you were foolish). Now the stuff stays around forever. if you even meant a gesture in a moment of anger not to be taken out of context outside my circle of friends.. or a true threat you need to live

Not condoning what they did because I don't know the true situation. but times are different and I guess we all have to be a bit more on guard and cautious in this very litigious and wha wha society we now live in.