Originally Posted by Anonymous
I went to a very good division III mens lacrosse school that would every year game scrimmage top Division 1 and often beat them or the very least play them even. There are a few DIII mens schools that fit this bill. For example if Salisbury/Cortland/Stevenson/Tufts etc played a 10-20 ranked team they would be able to compete better than a lot of the D1 level teams would

I am curious is the quality of DIII girls lacrosse the same? Could College of NJ, Salisbury, Gettysburg compete with a 10 20 ranked D1 women's team?

What about D2 Adelphi?

Yes they could. But some Parents of Girls who play in that 10 -20 range will not agree.

Not a parent of a girl in the 10-20 D1 range but... The top D3 teams would get throttled by a 10-20 D1 team. If what you are asking is could they do as well or better than D1 teams 80-100 would do against them, yes they very well could. So the conclusion is the top D3 teams are as good or better than many of the worst D1 teams.

If you think a top D3 team could beat for instance number 12 ranked Louisville who just lost to #3 ranked BC 16-15 in OT, you just don't know women's lax. Same goes for Princeton, Penn, Ohio State etc etc.

I have a daughter at a good NESCAC school. She played club with girls that went D1 to some of the top 20 schools. They were significantly better than her and she plays and they general ride the bench. I think it's just not a realistic statement to say a D3 team would fair well against a top 20 D1 team.

And btw, Fall Ball is not a great measuring stick. So to the person that said Adelphi did well in the fall against some teams, come on.

Adelphi is a top D 2 school not D 3