Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's easy to say ND isn't that good to take credit from SB who in this the 4th year went from being a laughingstock to being a legitimate top 15 team. Truth is ND has lost to all teams in top 20 two in the top 4 . Being non biased this seems like their are different hidden motives as the YJ supporters talk up SB while the Top Gun parents speak up Hofstra or bash SB. Actually pretty funny . Anyway a state school that is pretty much a new program beating a top program in the ACC is and will continue to be a big deal, as it would be if Hofstra had done it
Being the guy that started this I will say That I am neither a Y.J. or T.G. parent. You can not call stoney brook a new program when they have been around for 15+ years that is ridicules, you can say they are vastly improved since the hiring of J.S., this should and could prove that ANY team could become dangerous in a very short time span and no team should be dismissed. As far as the Y.J. not having a "pipeline" to N.D. , I must point out that 2015 blue is sending no less than 3 players to that school including the highest touted goalie and the second best offensive threat from that team. My problem with S.B. is that they play relatively easy schedules and brag about being the best, then get "shown the door" in the first or second round of tournament by true top tier teams. Win something besides a relatively easy (for now) America East Conference. How about a sound drubbing of an easy opponent, and not just slipping by with a 8-4 win at home. If you want to be seen as impressive be impressive