Originally Posted by Anonymous
players who were bigger, stronger, faster and plain old better then other teammates who never got a second of playing time because their father wasn't part of the old boy network or hadn't made a substantial donation to the Torch, or they played for any other club team...not stories, saw that situation play out more than once personally, several Flyers players confirming the situation at graduation parties, when even those who were the favored players can admit the facts because it's all said and done...please, don't tell me you haven't heard these tales of woe... not saying this doesn't happen at every school, just amplified by the shear can't miss talent of the players involved. as one poster mentioned earlier, 100 kids at tryouts, means 70 get turned away. those kids that make it begin the mad scramble for playing time, lots of things factor in that shouldn't...more kids and parents are factoring this in this year then I've heard before, all acceptances are due this week, and it's all I've heard at the LI Sports Hub workouts is that the field is narrowing a bit, my kid next year, but several dad's with kids in this years prospective class were taking Kellenburg because it's on the rise is several sports ( look at basketball rankings this year) and less of the parental influence on playing time compared to the other two...just one man's opinion, I'm sure I'm about to hear others, bring it on...be respectful, this is meant to be an open forum

This is the world we live in now. It's never that "I" wasn't good enough, it was politics. The kids know who is and who isn;t good enough. It's helicopter parents who blame everyone but their own kid for not being good enough.

Sometimes it OK to not be good enough. Maybe it will lead you to finding something else that you are really good at. Unfortunately, this is not good enough for the parents.