Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am curious , the" wait your turn proponents ". If a middle school cross country kids times put them as better than their high school varsity kids you still think she should not be brought up ?

I am not a wait your turn proponent but I think individual sports such as cc and tennis have to be looked at differently than contact sports like lax and soccer and this conversation is only about girls because you see 5 foot 100 pound 8th graders and 6'3" 225 pound 8th grade boys. My school district has had a handful of girls over the years come up and play lax and soccer (most of them actually played both) in 8th grade and they were all big strong girls who ended up playing D1 in college or are currently being recruited by big schools. The key here is that they were were bigger girls who could hold their own and not little pipsqueaks. Not to state the obvious,but there needs to be some kind of a physical test (a real one, not the fake one they use now) to determine eligibility and the other thing I think is that girls must be in 8th grade to play varsity and can only play jv in 7th grade.