Originally Posted by Anonymous
To be a HS coach is becoming a nightmare now with all the Summer recruiting crap. We all know HS coaches who are in a dilemma where a 9th or 10th grader is committed to big name ACC or Big 10 U but the Junior or Senior at the same position who is not recruited or going D3 is just as skilled and probably physically much stronger and gives the team a slightly better chance to win. Will be interesting to see what he does.

If the senior is as skilled and "probably" physically much stronger and gives the team a slightly better chance to win... the coach will play him. The coaches and EVERY kid on that field knows who should be playing. the only people that have problems with this are the dads in he stands! The anger and jealousy over early recruiting is worse than the early recruiting itself. "Show me a 10th grader that knows where he wants to go to college, and I will show you a liar"? Give me an 11th or 12th grader that knows any better. Most of these kids have been traveling and visiting schools for years. Parents are involved (sometimes overly) and guiding them. It actually gives most of these kids more drive and focus. There are definitely some concerns with the early recruiting but the anger and hatred towards these kids and their parents is ridiculous. Again, LAX 101...play your best players!!! You wouldn't "dumb down" your academics for a very hard working senior with a B average, so don't "dumb down" your athletic fields either!!