Originally Posted by Anonymous
How those 9th graders do in Long Island champ game? Be honest if you had another older player you would have won.

How did some d1 bound Sr's do. Goes both ways.

So didn't both Smithtown teams start underclassman. Sure they didn't win it all. But that isn't the point. The point is playing those kids over others less talented (over just being older and working hard being on the team). Seems like the right choice was made to me it brought both so far. You know there can only be two teams in the Li championships. Doesn't diminish the others teams talent.

Hhh was another team with notable few young stud players no Champ game for them, not now at least, that team will be solid coming up. Right call playing those kids.

Some of those lower "seeded"team had freshman and sophomores playing parly that into a year or two when their 'mates catch up and look out. There are some soph who wish they had better Sr's.

The point is if teams had the upper classman that were more talented they would have played. They didn't. Hhh had some posts about this last year. I said more not equal. Bring it on here and say underclassman should wait.

I say not. If an underclassman is equal in talent and poise, the underclassman wins the minutes.

The real loss is not having budgets for freshman, JV and varsity teams. This was the best format to build a progression as well as expose players to HS sports/ lax. Doing it this strengthens a program...