Originally Posted by Anonymous
A lesser talented kid that works is [lacrosse] off, but wasn't given the god given stuff,I think it is sad to take away that great experience of playing varsity high school lacrosse,from that kid, just to fill the ego of some parents.

Since this is varsity HS not pal or travel I will say. Are you @&$)(;:/- kidding me.

What kind of lesson do you send when a loser talented player plays over a talented kid. A lesser talented kid does not start unless there is an attitude problem from the talented player. Players get adequate time commiserate to their skill or team need.

Yes you reward hard work, but not over talent. You can work hard workers in. Again back to the subject, ask the talented senior or that jr waiting for that call, who they want next to them or in goal or on the x or wing. Their friend or the young kid who is better and has shown can help win.

I tell my son when you get older and work, you are only as good as the people you surround yourself with. Don't let jealousy or pride get in the way. Work smarter not harder.