Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Maybe you should have made better business decisions in your life and you could be one of the parents with money. I am so sick and tired of parents complaining about people that have very successful careers and make a large income. I for one am not ashamed of having money. Money buys a better life, influences people, and I am able to provide my daughter with the best coaching, private lax trainers, and private speed and agility trainers. I for one teach my children that having money is a good thing. Nothing in life is handed to you. You must go out and take it.
You are correct, and lacrosse is a money sport. People think because we are in a big district we dominate in lacrosse, but that is not the case, because we are not an upper class district. A lot of the B & C class towns have money, and when we scrimmage them, we get killed. Their parents can afford the best camps, clinics, travel, privates, speed and agility training. Money can buy skill in this sport.

I disagree that money can buy skill. My daughter has played on a travel team with a girl for the past 4 years. Her parents are VERY well off and she is fortunate to have a private trainer for just about everything. 4 years later she is still slow, uncoordinated and has terrible stick skills. Money can buy opportunities but it can't always buy skill.